Lesson 1: Drawing Lines and Shapes
To access the Tutorial in Corel Draw 8, follow these steps:
- Load Corel Draw (click on Start/Programs/Corel Draw 8/Corel Draw)
- Click on the Help Menu, then on Corel Tutor.
Click on Basic Tutorials/Drawing Lines and Shapes and go through each tutorial section.
Practice the following concepts:
- How to draw rectangles, squares, circles, ellipses, polygons, stars and spirals
- How to draw a rectangle or ellipse from the inside out
- How to use shift & ctrl to help you draw
- How to draw lines with the Bezier and Freehand tools
- How to constrain a straight line
- How to erase what you draw
Open Corel Draw 8 and make a drawing of a House, using the tools you have learned. Save it as “corel-house”. To fill a shape, left click on a color in the palette. To outline a shape, right click on a color in the palette.
Your project should include at least one of each of these objects:
- curved line
- straight line
- outline color
- fill color
Click below to see some samples: