April 25-27 - Whistler Music Fest
April 29 - Report Cards Issued
May 2 - Parent/Teacher Interviews (4pm-6pm)
Call to book an appointment!
May 2 - Hockey Academy Prospective Player/Parent Meeting 7pm
May 9 - Local Scholarship Tea @ 7pm
May 17 - Professional Development Day
May 20 - Victoria Day
SD 83 Parent Connect – Accessing Your Child’s School Information by Internet
Parent Connect gives parents on-line access to their child’s data including attendance, subjects (timetable), report cards, transcripts (courses taken previously), addresses, phone numbers and emergency contacts. Here’s how to access this feature:
1. Click on the "Parent Connect" link found under the Parents & Students heading on the ALF Website...or go to the district’s website: www.sd83.bc.ca
2. Find the “Parents and Students” heading on the left side table of contents.
3. Click on the “Parent Connect” link on the left.
4. Insert the User Name and Password information as follows:
The User Name is your son or daughter’s Personal Education Number (PEN). The PEN can be found on child’s report card and timetable.
Passwords are randomly generated. Once a PEN number has been added with your Postal Code (with no spaces).....click "Forgot My Password". You will be asked to confirm your postal code and email address. Your Password will be emailed to the provided email address. You will need this Password to log in.
5. Click the “Sign In” Icon using the New Password.
6. Use the tabs at the top to find the information you’re looking for.
You can check “Basic” (contact & address information), “Attendance”, “Schedule” (timetable), and “Grades” (both current and transcript).
7. If you have more than one child in the school district, even if at different schools, toggle between them using the “Student(s)” field.
8. You can send an e/mail message to the Mr. G. Doray (Principal), Mr. M. Marino (Vice Principal) or to the general school “OFFICE” using “SendMsg” utility.
9. Use the “Password” button to change it. Unless you do so, anyone who sees your child’s PEN and knows his/her birth date could access your child’s data.